The Internet Media Group will host the seminar “Object Tracking Based on Harmony Search” given by prof. Yanmei Yu on Thursday 22 November 2012, h. 11:00, in “meeting room 3” (4th floor), at the Dip. Automatica e Informatica, Politecnico di Torino.The seminar is open to anyone interested in the topics.
The activity is within the context of the FP7 People/Irses S2EuNet Project “Security, Services, Networking and Performance of Next-Generation IP-Based Multimedia Wireless Networks”. ( http://s2eunet.org ) The project fosters research collaboration of Politecnico with extra-EU partner institutions by funding mobility of research students, post-doc and faculty. For more information contact Enrico or Antonio of the Internet Media Group.
The presentation will consist of two parts:
– Introduction to Image Information Institute, Sichuan University and brief overview of research activities
– “Object Tracking Based on Harmony Search”. Harmony Search(HS) is a population-based meta-heuristic optimization algorithm, inspired by music. HS has been successfully applied to various optimization problems in the computation and engineering fields. An object tracking based on 4 improved variations of HS will be talked in detail.
Yanmei Yu received her Master degree in communication and information system and Ph.D. degree in optics engineering (majored in image processing and pattern recognition) from Sichuan University, China, in 2000 and 2008, respectively. She is an associate professor in the College of Electronics and Information Engineering at Sichuan University. Her research interests include image processing and multimedia communication.
The Internet Media Group will present a demo at the Mecatronic Connection 2012 to be held in Torino at the congress center “Lingotto” on Nov 27-28, 2012. The demonstration will show robust low-delay wireless stereoscopic video communications from a small radiocontrolled toy vehicle to a desktop PC equipped with 3D shutter glasses. Conference attendees will have the opportunity to test the system. The activities have been developed within the FAROS project. A more detailed description is available here.
The Internet Media Group will present their research activities during the PhD class “Research topics in computer and control engineering” on Oct 25, 2012, 9:00-13:00 in room C at Politecnico di Torino. The class is open to all PhD students in the Control and Computer Engineering Department and to anybody interested in the topic.
Prof. Yanmei Yu from Sichuan University, Chengdu, China, will visit our group for 2-3 months (September to November) in the context of the activities of the FP7 S2EuNet project. We are looking forward to welcoming and collaborating with her.
Enrico Masala will present the work “Moving Multimedia Simulations into the Cloud: a Cost-Effective Solution” at the 10th IEEE International Symposium on Parallel and Distributed Processing with Applications in Leganés, Madrid, which will be held from 10 to 13 July 2012. The paper is available in the publications section of this site.
The thesis section of the website has been updated. Also, a new thesis on 3D multimedia topics has been added.
Many advanced classes given by staff in the Internet Media Group have started in this semester (March-June 2012). They are:
– Processing and Transmission of Multimedia Signals (in Italian: Elaborazione e Trasmissione di Informazioni Multimediali), given by Dr. Enrico Masala and Prof. Juan Carlos De Martin
– Digital Revolution (in Italian: Rivoluzione Digitale), given by Prof. Juan Carlos De Martin
– Internet Applications (in Italian: Applicazioni Internet), given by Dr. Antonio Servetti and Dr. Giovanni Malnati
Wednesday, Nov 16, 2011, 3:30pm
Politecnico di Torino, Sala Teatro SITI
Simone Basso will present the work “The hitchhiker’s guide to the Network Neutrality Bot test methodology”, coauthored by Simone Basso, Antonio Servetti, Juan Carlos De Martin, at the Italian National Conference on Computers (AICA), that this year will be held at the Politecnico di Torino.