The Internet Media Group actively works on new lossless techniques for image and video coding. Despite the majority of the employed multimedia codecs are usually lossy, lossless cannot be avoided for particular application domains, such as studio and archiving applications. Moreover, it is important to archive information in a lossless format efficiently since this will enable the possibility to recode information in the future when improved lossy codecs are developed. Comparisons with state-of-the-art and standards (when available) are always performed.
- New thesis on Neubot data visualization added
- Seminar by Enrico Masala at UCSB
- Enrico Masala part of the S2EuNet workshop at University of Minnesota, USA
- Internet Media Group at IEEE MMSP 2013
- Seminar “Low-Latency 3D Video Feedback for Remote Control Applications” by Enrico Masala at Sichuan University