Please follow this link where you can find generic requirements and facilities provided by our group.
Also, if you have an interesting idea about multimedia technologies (coding and/or communication, streaming, live), feel free to contact us, in particular Enrico or Antonio to discuss if your idea can be transformed into a thesis project.
Current proposals (not yet assigned)
- Real-time communications between robots (drones/rovers) using mobile devices
- Multimedia data processing from robots (drones/rovers)
- Enhancing video conferencing software for the pandemic
- Collective sonic interaction with web-based applications
- Bringing new features for HTTP multimedia streaming
- Ultra low latency music performance over the Internet
- Multimedia coding optimization for recognition
- Network characterization for multimedia communications (with possibility of economic support)
- Multimedia content recognition using machine learning
- Multimedia processing in high performance computing (HPC) environments
- Remote monitoring and interfacing with drones and rovers (Info)
- Multimedia data handling from drones and rovers (Info)
- Audio and video communications over publish-subscribe systems (Info)
- Multimedia real-time communication chain in C# (Info)
- Interactive Data Analysis and Visualization (Info)
- Interactive Visualization of video quality metrics databases (Info)
- Enriched live multimedia streaming (Info)
- Low-latency audio communications (Info)
- Real-time multimedia communications from mobile devices to communication centers (in collaboration with companies) (Info)
- Interactive Visualization of the Neubot Dataset (Info)
- Performance improvement of the HEVC video codec (Info)
- Implementing and testing perceptual video quality metrics (Info)
- Thesis: Multimedia algorithms on GPUs (Info)
- Low-delay 3D Videocommunications (More information)
- Large-scale performance evaluation of DASH video streaming (Info)
- Performance analysis of the HEVC video codec (Info)
- Quality of Service (QoS) for video streaming over Wi-Fi networks based on innovative distributed coordination functions (Info)
- Real-time analysis of video sequences captured by vehicle on-board cameras (Info)
- Live Streaming using standard Web technologies (Info).
- Cloud computing for multimedia applications (Info).
- Design and development of an open source Web Crawler (investigating and implementing the main techniques of parallel and distribuited crawling techniques) able to index and extract information from the processed web pages (Info (in Italian)).
- Creation of 3D synthetic video sequences by means of the “Blender” modeling software from freely available 3D models (Info (in Italian)).